Thursday, February 14, 2013

sweets for my sweet

Happy Valentine's Day!  A day to celebrate your sweetie, or better yet: a time to celebrate sweets.  Chocolates, lollipops, conversation hearts (who actually eats those?), jelly beans, truffles...

Wait, what am I talking about?  My days of plowing through a bag of holiday-shaped Reese's are over. <--those are my favorite

I can't resist baking at holidays, though.  I found a recipe for strawberry cookies with pink cream cheese frosting and SPRINKLES! that screamed Hallmark holiday.  They were super delicious and Eric-approved.  In fact, he thanked me for making HIM Valentine's cookies.  Whoops.  I didn't have the heart to tell him I baked them to take to work. 

So I didn't tell him.  I just snuck off to work with them this morning and left him one lonely cookie on the counter.  I'm such a sweetheart :)

I can't just bake things to have at the house anymore - I'd eat them all!  Literally.  I have absolutely no will power.  That means my coworkers have the wonderful benefit now of eating all my baked goods (is that a good thing?).  I may even feel some random acts of kindess coming on...

No comments:

Post a Comment