I finished my second insulin pen this week. Woo!
 |
| 2 pens = 4 weeks = 56 needles |
Yes, I discard my sharps into an empty orange juice carton. It was what I had on hand at the time I started injections, but there's a little irony at play. Orange juice (=all juice) is wicked high in carbs. It's one thing I've given up almost completely. And quite sadly, I might add. Now it's a treat I give myself on the weekends, if I scale back my cereal bowl. This is what a serving of orange juice looks like:
 |
| 1/2 cup orange juice |
My juice glasses used to be, well...juice glasses. Now our cupboard is home to a half-pint mason jar, all for me. I love that it has a line for 4 ounces (4 measly ounces!) so my early morning measuring skills can be on point.
No comments:
Post a Comment