Wednesday, March 6, 2013

stitchery

Diabetics have a lot of gear.  I have just a little right now: my meter, my pen, strips and lancets, alcohol pads, and needles.  I've been schlepping it all around in a free pouch from Thirty-One (ok, it wasn't technically a free pouch...I had to spend a certain amount...) but it just wasn't doing the job. 

Enter my sewing maching.

I used a great wallet tutorial from Kelly at The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking, tweaking it just a little.  I omitted the credit card slots and only made 4 pockets instead of 6.  My stroke of brilliance was to line the cover with laminated fabric.  This gives me a little placemat where I can work.  If I spray insulin all over the place when I prime my pen, I can just wipe if off and keep moving.  It also makes me feel a little cleaner when I'm out and about to have a dedicated space instead of laying a paper towel down. 



Tutorial at http://www.imperfecthomemaking.com/2013/01/diy-wallet-for-cash-envelope-system.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment